Toffee Apple Shortcake
Spark November off with this delicious heart-warming 'Toffee Apple Shortcake' recipe... a perfect pud for the whole family.
Shortcake base & topping:
125g Butter *Use sunflower oil or almond butter as a dairy-free, vegan-free substitute
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Egg *Use ½ banana as a dairy-free, vegan friendly substitute
280g Self Raising Flour *Use oat flour or coconut flour with additional baking powder as a gluten-free substitute
4 x Large Cooking Apples (Peeled and Sliced, Sprinkle with Lemon Juice )
50g Toffee (broken into small pieces)
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (1 lemon)
1 Tbsp Cornflour
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Line a baking rectangle tin with baking paper.
- Process sugar in a food processor until fine, add butter and vanilla essence and process until creamy.
- Add the egg and combine before adding flour. Keep combining until a ball is formed. Divide dough in three and wrap in plastic wrap, chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine apple, toffee, sugar, lemon juice, cornflour and cinnamon. Use two pieces of the dough and press evenly into the base of prepared tin, cover with the apple filling. Crumble the remaining dough over the apples.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180ºC and continue to bake for a further 25-30 minutes until cooked.
If you love all sweet treats that have either apple or toffee, then we have a range of products available for delivery direct to your door... Apple & Raspberry Flapjack, Toffee Muffin or Toffee Cake.