Classics never go out of style and we just love this one for the festive season. Yule logs are the perfect Christmas dessert for all the family and a simple easy step recipe makes it even better.
For the sponge
100g caster sugar
5 large eggs
2tsp vanilla extract
25g cocoa powder
70g plain flour
For the filling
100ml double cream
100g white chocolate, melted and cooled
For the ganache
200g milk chocolate chopped
250g double cream
2tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- With an electric whisk, beat sugar and eggs together for 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract once thickened.
- In the egg and sugar mixture, sift the flour and cocoa powder together and fold into the mixture using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased tin with baking parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- While still warm, roll up the sponge longways.
- While the rolled-up sponge is cooling, make the ganache. Boil water in a pan and place a heat-proof bowl over the top. In the bowl, heat together the cream and golden syrup. Once melted, add the chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Take off the heat and cover.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to thicken up the cream until it forms peaks. Add in the white chocolate and stir together.
- Now form the yule log, unravel the sponge and spread the cream mixture evenly.
- Roll up the log and pour over the cooled ganache. Use a fork to add texture on the top of the log.
- Chill for 20 minutes, serve and enjoy!
We have a range of bakery treats perfect for Christmas from flapjacks to cookies, shop today and get delivery direct to your door.