Vegan Oat and Raisin Cookies
These dairy free oat and raisin cookies will have even non vegans begging for more...
You will need: x2 mixing bowls, x2 baking trays, sieve, electric whisk (optional) and a wire rack to cool.
- 160g plain flour
- 85g whole rolled oats
- 170g coconut oil or vegan butter
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g raisins (add less or more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Lightly grease a baking pan and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, spices and baking powder until combined.
- In a separate bowl beat together the coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract before adding the dry ingredients. If you find the mixture is a tad dry, try adding a tablespoon of soya, almond milk or water. Once combined stir in the raisins.
- Roll the dough into balls, and place on the tray leaving enough room between each cookie for the mix to spread. Using a glass flatten down the balls slightly (Tip: Wetting the glass will help to stop the mix sticking to the glass)
- Bake 16mins or until golden in colour. Leave to cool for 5mins on the tray before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
For more delicious vegan goodies shop our Vegan Range now...