Vegan Chocolate Brownies
‘Veganuary’ - we have baked up a delicious chocolaty vegan brownie recipe for you to enjoy.
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 200g Dark Chocolate (roughly chopped)
- ½ Tsp Coffee Granules
- 80g Sunflower Oil
- 125g Self-Raising Flour
- 70g Ground Almonds
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
- 250g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3½. Grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment. Combine the flaxseed with 6 tbsp water and set aside for at least 5 mins.
- In a saucepan, melt 120g chocolate, coffee granules and sunflower oil with 60ml water on a low heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Put the flour, almonds, cocoa, baking powder and ¼ tsp salt in a bowl and stir to remove any lumps. Using a hand whisk, mix the sugar into the melted chocolate mixture, and beat well until smooth and glossy, (ensuring all the sugar is well dissolved). Stir in the flaxseed mixture, vanilla extract and remaining chocolate, then the flour mixture. Spoon into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 35-45 mins until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin completely, then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container and eat within three days.
- You can sprinkle the zest of a citrus fruit across the top of the brownies, we grated the zest of a lemon.
Check out our range of vegan products readily available for delivery direct to your door