The Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Cake
To celebrate world vegan month this November, everyone must bake this rather delicious 'Ultimate Chocolate Cake'! A simple yet irresistible treat or dessert you can enjoy with family and friends.
- 200g Plain Flour
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 5 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon White Vinegar
- 250ml Water
- 200g Icing Sugar
- 75ml Water
- 100g Carob / Vegan Friendly Chocolate Bar (Grated)
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease a 20cm round cake tin.
- Sieve together the flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and bake at 180 C for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar and water together to make a wet, yet thick consistency. (You may add a little extra water or icing sugar depdning on your preference). Spread the icing on top of the cake allowing to drip down the sides, and cover the sides with more icing using a spatula.
- Grate the carob or vegan friendly chocolate and dust all around the edges and side of the cake.
Blackfriars has a delicious selection of vegan friendly products ready for you to try for delivery direct to your door!