Summer Blueberry Muffins
School’s out for summer, we’ve put together an easy fun sweet bake for you to make with the kids and enjoy eating in the garden.
- 100g unsalted butter softened (plus 1 Tbsp melted for greasing)
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 140g natural yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g pack blueberries (you can also use frozen)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat in for 1 min, then mix in the yogurt, vanilla extract and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl with 1/4 tsp fine salt, then tip this into the wet ingredients and stir in.
- Finally, fold in the blueberries and divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
- Bake for 5 mins, then reduce oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and bake for 15-18 mins more until risen and golden, and a cocktail stick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then carefully lift out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
*These muffins will keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container – after a day or two, pop them in the microwave for 10-15 secs on high to freshen up.
Looking for ready-made delicious Blueberry Muffins? Then we have a box of 15 proudly baked in the UK that are ready for delivery direct to your door. Shop our full range of muffins today. Vegetarian friendly, ambient and great shelf-life.