Strawberry Champagne Cupcake Love Bites
Romance will certainly be in the air when you whip up a batch of these delicate and delicious Strawberry & Champagne Cupcake Bites...
You will need:-
For the cupcakes:
- 280 grams plain flour
- 300 grams golden caster sugar
- 1 level tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large free range eggs
- 240ml Champagne
- 240ml vegetable oil
- Strawberry & champagne jam
For the buttercream
- 140g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 250g icing sugar
- 1-2tbs milk
- Fresh strawberries to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180c, Gas Mark 4. Line a cupcake tin with mini paper cupcake cases.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl beat together the eggs, champagne and oil until combined.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 separate batches. Keep mixing until you have a smooth lump free mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake cases, filling each until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15mins until golden in colour and a skewer when inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 5mins in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Whilst the cakes cool you can prepare the buttercream. Using an electric whisk beat together the butter and icing sugar. Gradually add the milk and continue to beat until you have a smooth, stiff mix.
- Chop the strawberries into halves or quarters depending on their size and set aside
- Once the cakes have cooled cut out a small circle of sponge from the top and add a dollop of jam.
- Pipe the buttercream over the jam and finish with a piece of strawberry on top.
- Serve with a glass of chilled champagne for romantic dessert this Valentine’s day.
Looking for the perfect gift to spoil your Valentine with? Try our limited edition Valentines’ Variety Flapjack Mix for less than £15!