Soft-Baked Monster Cookies
Half-Term school holidays this Autumn… time to have some baking fun! An easy-peasy recipe for all parents and children to enjoy.
- 115g Salted Butter, (softened to room temperature)
- 100g Light Brown Sugar
- 50g Sugar
- 185g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 160g Plain Flour
- 150g Colourful Chocolate Beans
- 100g Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 oc. Use greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer or wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugars together. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour.
- Split half the mixture into another bowl and fold in the chocolate beans into one mix and chocolate chips into another. (*If the dough is very soft and unmanageable by hand, chill the dough for 30 minutes before rolling.)
- Roll balls of cookie dough, about 2 Tablespoons of dough per ball, onto baking tray. Press a few extra chocolate colour beans on top and the chocolate chips too. Bake for 9-10 minutes - do not bake past 10 minutes. The cookies will appear underbaked. Slightly press down the baked cookies with the back of a spoon, since the cookies only slightly spread in the oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cookies will firm up as they cool. Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
NB. Baked cookies freeze well for up to 3 months. Unbaked cookie dough balls freeze well for up to 3 months too. Bake frozen cookie dough balls for an extra minute, no need to thaw.
Why not check out our range of crumbly cookies available for delivery direct to your door…. Chocolate Chip, Colour Burst, Double Choc Chip, Oat & Raisin and Raspberry & White Choc Chunk.