Soft-Baked Monster Cookies
Half-Term school holidays this Autumn… time to have some baking fun! An easy-peasy recipe for all parents and children to enjoy.
- 115g Salted Butter, (softened to room temperature)
- 100g Light Brown Sugar
- 50g Sugar
- 185g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 160g Plain Flour
- 150g Colourful Chocolate Beans
- 100g Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 oc. Use greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer or wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugars together. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour.
- Split half the mixture into another bowl and fold in the chocolate beans into one mix and chocolate chips into another. (*If the dough is very soft and unmanageable by hand, chill the dough for 30 minutes before rolling.)
- Roll balls of cookie dough, about 2 Tablespoons of dough per ball, onto baking tray. Press a few extra chocolate colour beans on top and the chocolate chips too. Bake for 9-10 minutes - do not bake past 10 minutes. The cookies will appear underbaked. Slightly press down the baked cookies with the back of a spoon, since the cookies only slightly spread in the oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cookies will firm up as they cool. Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
NB. Baked cookies freeze well for up to 3 months. Unbaked cookie dough balls freeze well for up to 3 months too. Bake frozen cookie dough balls for an extra minute, no need to thaw.