Make a Fool this Friday!
To celebrate April Fools Day why not make a yummy fruit fool. We have put together an easy make recipe with a tropical twist, the perfect recipe for the sunnier months ahead.
Tropical Fruit Fool
You will need… 4 – 6 Round or Tall Glasses, A Saucepan, Wooden Spoon, Whisk and Mixing Bowl.
- 3 Cups Chopped Fresh Pineapple Chunks
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes, Lightly Toasted
- Handful of Pecan Nuts
- 1 Mango, Peeled and Diced
- 1 Cup Single or Double Cream
- 1/4 Cup Greek-Style Yogurt
- Place the chopped pineapple chunks and 1 tablespoon of sugar in the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fruit has softened and mixture becomes a jammy texture,(this will take aprox15 minutes). If the pineapple looks too dry during cooking, then add a teaspoon of water at a time. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Adjust to taste with sugar and lemon juice. Chill until completely cold, about an hour.
- Using the whisk, whip cream on high speed to soft peaks. Fold in yogurt, pineapple compote, and half of the coconut.
- Spoon the pineapple cream into the glasses, alternating with fresh mango. Top with remaining coconut and sprinkle pecan nuts, voila! Serve chilled.
Serving Tip: Instead of the pecan nuts or coconut sprinkled on top, you could add chocolate sprinkles or small raspberry pieces on top.
If you like a tropical treat, then why not try our Florentine Flapjack, packed full of fruit, nuts and a yoghurt flavour topping! Available in a box of 25 or a 5 pack 'jack in a box'.