Chocolate Guinness Cake
You will need…Loose Bottomed Cake Tin (Approx 23cm), Mixing Bowl, Whisk or Fork, Sieve, Wooden Spoon
Ingredients – Cake
250g Softened Unsalted Butter (And a little extra for greasing)
200g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
100g Dark Chocolate, Melted
2 x Lare Eggs
275g Self-Raising Flour
30g Cocoa Powder
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
Ingredients - Icing
200g Cream Cheese
75g Icing Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Tbsp Soured Cream
125g White Chocolate, Melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease with butter and line with baking paper a loose-bottomed cake tin (approx 23 cm).
- Beat the butter with the sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in the melted dark chocolate until smooth and then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Gradually whisk in the Guinness. This will create a smooth batter. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, then carefully fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the baking tin and bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin, then turn out onto a cake plate.
- For the icing, beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth, then mix in the soured cream and melted white chocolate. Spread evenly over the cake and serve.
Serving Tip: If you don’t want to put the icing layer on top, then the cake goes just as well with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
Why not try and buy our scrumptious 'Raisin and Rum Flavour' Flapjack, available in a box of 25 or a 5 pack 'jack in a box' for delivery direct to your door!