Vegan & Gluten-Free Granola Bars
Looks good, does good! These granola goodies not only satisfy your sugar cravings, but will keep you fuelled in between meal times. Did I mention they’re also Gluten-Free and Vegan friendly?
You will need: x1 Baking tray, 8 inch baking tin, saucepan and mixing bowl.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole rolled gluten-free oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts & seeds (we used a mixture of unsalted peanuts, walnuts, almonds and sunflower seeds)
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit (we used raisins and chopped dates for extra sweetness)
- 1 tbs chia seeds (optional protein boost)
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 3 tbs light soft brown sugar
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4 and lightly grease the baking tin.
- Place the nuts, oats and seeds on a baking tray, and bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Alternatively you can dry fry the ingredients taking care not to burn.
- Whilst waiting for the nuts to toast, put the agave nectar, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan and heat over a medium setting.
- Continue heating and stirring until the mixture starts to bubble. Continue to boil for 2 minutes continually stirring.
- Once the oats, nuts and seeds have toasted, remove from oven and reduce the heat to 160 degrees.
- Add the dry ingredients and chopped fruit to the syrup mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mix into the baking tin. Press and smooth down using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and cut into squares once cooled completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
If you’re looking for delicious tasting, gluten-free & vegan snacks without the hassle why not browse our Gluten-Free and Vegan pages.