Banana Muffin Recipe
You will need: 1x 12 hole muffin tin, x2 mixing bowls, an electric whisk, sieve, potato masher and a wire rack for cooling.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g plain yoghurt
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 large free range eggs
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- 50g chopped walnuts
- Zest of 1 orange
- 30g raisins
Makes 12 Standard Banana Muffins
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6 and line the muffin tin with the paper cases.
- Chop the butter into small chunks and gently melt either in the microwave or on the hob, taking care not to burn.
- In a mixing bowl beat the sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, honey and yoghurt together until smooth. In a separate bowl sieve and mix the dry ingredients together – flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Fold into the wet mixture and beat until smooth.
- Peal and mash the bananas and add along with the orange zest, chopped walnuts and raisins to the muffin batter. Stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 20mins until golden, or until the sponge springs back when touched.
- Leave to cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Baking Tip: These banana muffins are even more delicious when served fresh out of the oven! To make them a bit more virtuous, try using wholemeal flour instead and enjoy as a wholesome breakfast on the go.
Looking for a more indulgent banana muffin? Then try our indulgent Banoffee Muffins, available to order online today.