Firework Party Cake
Celebrate the season of festivities with family and friends with this colourful firework party cake!
For the sponge cake
200g Self Raising Flour
175g Caster Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
For the pink icing
300g Icing Sugar
2-3 Tbsp Water
5 -10 Drops Pink Food Colouring (you decide how many drops and how pink to make it!)
For the topping Colourful Hudred and Thousand Sprinkles
- Grease and line a rectangualr cake baking tin and preheat your oven to 170°c.
- Using a freestanding mixer or a mixing bowl and hand whisk, beat all the ingredients together into a smooth mixture.
- Pour into your prepared cake tin and bake for 25 – 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the cake tin.
- Make the icing by sifting the icing sugar into a bowl, add the pink food colouring and stir in the water gradually to create a smooth mixture.
- Pour over the cake and sprinkle over your hundreds and thousands on generously. When the icing has set, you can remove from the tray and slice into triangular pieces and serve.
Why not try a slice or two from our delicious classic cake range? The 'Topped Cake Mix' is a perfect box for any celebration.