Festive Gingerbread Men
Ho ho ho…. bake your way into the festive spirit with these delicious gingerbread men! Adults and kids will both love them.
350g Plain Flour, (plus extra for rolling out)
1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
2 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
175g Light Soft Brown Sugar
4 Tbsp Golden Syrup
White & Red Icing
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon and pour into the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter and blend until the mix looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar. (You can always just use a bowl and wooden spoon too).
- Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, add to the food processor and pulse until the mixture clumps together. Tip the dough out, knead briefly until smooth, wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Roll the dough out to a 0.5cm/¼in thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. When cooled decorate with the icing and any festive cake decorations you like.
If you love anything ginger, then you must try our scrumptious Ginger Choc Chip Flapjack or our delicious Ginger Cake Slice.