Festive Christmas Muffins
Treat your family and friends over the festive period with these delicious Christmas Muffins
- 250g Plain Flour
- 2½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp Ground Nutmeg (or good grating of fresh nutmeg)
- 2 Clementines (or satsumas)
- 125 ml Full Fat Milk
- 75 ml Vegetable Oil (or melted butter left to cool slightly)
- 1 Large Egg
- 175g Dried Cranberries
- 3 Tsp Demerara Sugar
- Festive Cake Toppers – (edible silver balls, xmas trees, snowflakes)
- Melted Milk Chocolate or White Chocolate Drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6/400ºF. Line a 12-bun muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, caster sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl; grate the zest of the clementine/satsuma over, and combine.
- Squeeze the juice of the clementines/satsumas into a measuring jug, and pour in the milk until it comes up to the 200ml mark / halfway between the ¾ cup and 1 cup marks.
- Add the oil (or slightly cooled, melted butter) and egg, and lightly beat until just combined.
- Pour this liquid mixture into the bowl of dried ingredients and stir until everything is more or less combined, remembering that a well-beaten mixture makes for heavy muffins: in other words a lumpy batter is a good thing here.
- Fold in the cranberries, then spoon the batter into the muffin cases and sprinkle the demerara sugar on top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then it’s time to get festive and get your cake decorations onto the muffins!
To busy to bake..? Shop our readily available 'Christmas Mince and Spice Muffins', available in a box of 15 for delivery direct to your door! They are scrummy!