Fairtrade Chocolate Brownies
Celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight with this delicious chocolate brownie... perfect as a dinner party pudding, birthday cake or gift. Rich, indulgent and even better if you make it with Fairtrade ingredients!
- 300g Fairtrade Dark Chocolate, (chopped into small pieces)
- 250g Unsalted Butter, (chopped into small pieces)
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 150g Fairtrade Caster Sugar
- 150g Fairtrade Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 80g Fairtrade Cocoa
- 65g Plain Flour
- 2 Balls Stem Ginger, finely chopped
- 1Tbsp Stem Ginger Syrup
- Icing Sugar for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a tin approx 20x30cm.
- In a large heavy based saucepan, over a low heat, melt 200g dark chocolate and all of the butter. Stir frequently to ensure its not burning. When its all melted set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your eggs and sugar and then pour into your chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Sieve your dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and stir together well. Add your remaining 100g chocolate, the finely chopped stem ginger and ginger syrup and mix to combine.
- Pour your mixture into the prepared tin and make sure its evenly spread. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until it has started to crackle on top and is slightly firm on top.
- Once the brownie has cooled, cut into 24 pieces and dust with icing sugar.
- It tastes amazing with creme fraiche, ice cream, cream or by itself!
For readily available delicious chocolaty brownies, then you must try our Chocolate Fudge Brownie - packed in a box of 12, suitable for vegetarians and for chocolate lovers everywhere!