Easy Bake Chocolate Cake To Celebrate Pay Day!
It’s always a long long month to get through, but it’s finally here, January Pay Day! Bake this easy chocolate cake to celebrate.
For the cake
- 225g Plain Flour
- 350g Caster Sugar
- 85g Cocoa Powder
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1½ Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Free-Range Eggs
- 250ml Milk
- 125ml Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 250ml Boiling Water
For the chocolate icing
- 200g Plain Chocolate
- 200ml Double Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and line a large round sandwich cake tin.
- Put all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water, into a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon, or electric whisk, beat the mixture until smooth and well combined.
- Add the boiling water to the mixture, a little at a time, until smooth.
- Put the cake batter in the sandwich tin and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely, still in their tin, before icing.
- For the chocolate icing, heat the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over a low heat until the chocolate melts. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk the mixture until smooth, glossy and thickened. Set aside to cool for 1-2 hours, or until thick enough to spread over the cake.
- Carefully remove the cake from the tin.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate and ice the cake all over with the chocolate icing, using a palette knife.
Have you tried our 'Chocolate Fudge Cake' or 'Chocolate Fudge Brownie'... delivery direct to your door! Available in a box of 12 and suitable for vegetarians.