Happy Easter! Classic Carrot Cake
Spend some time baking this Easter holiday with this delicious carrot cake that you can enjoy with family and friends.
- 400g Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs (Use 2 mashed bananas or avocados as a dairy-free alternative)
- 400ml Sunflower Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 400g Plain Flour (Use a gluten-free alternative like rye flour or oat flour)
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 400g Carrots (finely grated)
- 125g Raisins
- Whisk together sugar, eggs and sunflower oil until thick.
- Then add in flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix ingredients gently together.
- Lastly, add in the grated carrots and raisins and mix in until well combined.
- Grease and line a 9” tin. You can also use this recipe to make 2 x loaf tins.
- Pour the cake mixture into the baking tins and place in the oven at 340oF (170oC) for 70- 80 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean).
- Leave to cool in tins for 10mins then turn onto a cooling rack.
- To prepare the icing, in a large bowl, mix the icing sugar, water and vanilla extract until smooth. Chill until needed.
- Have some fun decorating the cake as you wish – we went for some ready-made carrots made out of icing, some blanched almond flakes and some strawberry jam around the edge of the cake.
Our scrumptious ready-baked Carrot Cake is available to buy in a box of 12 for delivery direct to your door!