Cinnamon berry granola bars
Get the kids back to school ready with these delicious chewy granola bars, perfect snacks on the go in your lunchbox.
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g porridge oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp honey
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries, or a mix
- Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Butter and line the base of a 18 x 25cm tin. Mix the oats, seeds and nuts in a roasting tin, then put in the oven for 5-10 mins to toast.
- Meanwhile, warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until butter is melted. Add the oat mix, cinnamon and dried fruit, then mix until all the oats are well coated. Tip into the tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 mins. Cool in tin, then cut into 12 bars.
Meanwhile, check out our Gluten-Free Oat bars. Feel free to pick from 3 delicious flavours: Cocoa, Cranberry & Orange, Merry Berry and Seed Sensasion.