Ingredients (Makes 12 Cupcakes)
200g Caster Sugar
200g Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
200g Self Raising Flour
3 Large Eggs
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Orange Flavouring
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp Milk
200g Unsalted Butter
400g Icing Sugar plus extra for dusting
6 Slices of Glacé Orange halved
12 Cookies (Made from Cupcake Sponge)
½ tsp Orange Flavouring
12 Cupcake baking tray
5 pence Size Cookie Cutter
- Cupcakes- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line the tin with 12 cupcake cases- We chose green cases for that Christmassy festive feeling!
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until smooth. Add the eggs one by one and mix on a low speed.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and sieve into the butter and sugar mix, small amounts at a time.
- Add the orange flavouring and milk and stir thoroughly.
- Lastly add in the mincemeat and stir until even incorporated.
- Set aside 4-5 tablespoons of cupcake mixture to use for the cookie decorations. Spread the mixture onto greaseproof paper approx 20-25 mm high. Bake at 170C for 7-8 minutes until golden.
- Spoon the remainder of the mixture into the cupcakes cases and bake for 20-25 min until golden.
Transfer to wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter and icing sugar together until combined and fluffy. Add the orange flavouring gradually. If too thick add a dash of cooled boiled water until soft and pipeable in texture.
- Soon the mixture into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Place 1 tsp of mincemeat on top of each cupcake.
- Pipe the buttercream in a circular pattern, hiding the mincemeat.
- Cut the orange slices in half and place one slice on the side of each cupcake.
- Sprinkle the baked leftover cupcake mix with icing sugar and cut out little circular cookies for decoration.
- Place one cookie on each cupcake by the side of the orange slice.
- Serve and enjoy!