Chocolaty Marshmallow and Hazelnut Fudge Brownie Traybake
You will need… A Heatproof Mixing Bowl, Wooden Spoon, & Rectangular Shape Baking Tray.
- 375g Butter
- 375g Dark Chocolate
- 225g Plain Flour (*Use Rice Flour for a Gluten Free alternative!)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 500g Caster Sugar
- 300g Chopped Hazelnuts
- 300g Mini Marshmallow Pieces
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C and lightly grease or line your baking tray.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heat resistant bowl in the microwave and melt for 1 or 2 minutes, checking regularly until melted. (You could also do this in a bowl over hot water).
- Mix together the flour and salt.
- Then beat the eggs and vanilla together and add the sugar.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the rest of the ingredients. Fold ¾s of the hazelnut pieces and ¾s of the mini marshmallow pieces into the mixture also. Pour into the baking tray.
- Pop in the centre of the oven and cook for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked leave to rest for 10-15 minutes before sprinkling the remaining hazelnut pieces and marshmallows on top and cutting into 12 squares.
Serving Tip: Serve with ice-cream and toffee sauce as an indulgent dessert or delicious afternoon treat!
Baking Tip: Leave in the fridge over-night once cooled down from the oven to give it a fudgier, gooey texture.
If you are looking for a readymade chocolaty traybake, then why not try our 'Chocolate Fruit & Nut'. Available in a single tray with 12 pre-cut slices.