Chocolate-Toffee Apples Recipe | Blackfriars
Get your taste buds going off with a bang. Bake some home-made treats yourself with this delicious chocolate-toffee apples recipe. Both adults and kids will enjoy them alike.
- 12 Small Red Apples
- 128g Chopped Pecans
- 128g Granulated Sugar
- 85g Brown sugar
- 32ml Water
- 2 Tbsps Golden Syrup
- 2 Tbsps Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsps Butter
- 1/2 Tspn Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tspn Salt
- 57g Dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Rinse apples; dry well to remove waxy residue. Insert a craft/ lollipop stick into the stem end of each apple. Place pecans in a shallow dish.
- Combine the sugars and the next 4 ingredients (including butter) in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring just until sugar dissolves, and bring to a boil.
- Cook, without stirring until syrup begins to caramelise. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Working quickly with 1 apple at a time and holding the apple by its stick, dip in caramel mixture, tilting pan and turning apple to mostly coat the apple; allow excess to drip off. Quickly dip apple in pecans. Place the apple, stick side up, on a cooling rack; let stand until set. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe dish; microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 20 seconds until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over apples. Let stand until set.
We bake a great selection of sweet treats, check out our Treat Boxes which include 22 indulgent products from our range including flapjacks, muffins, cookies and cake slices.