Chocolate Easter Nest Cakes
Keep the kids entertained this Bank Holiday and get them helping in the kitchen with this delightfully easy chocolate recipe...
You will need: x1 saucepan, heatproof bowl, cupcake tin and cupcake cakes
- Mini eggs or your choice for decoration
- 200g Milk chocolate
- 85g shredded wheat or cornflake
- 2tbs golden syrup
- 50g butter
- Using the saucepan and heat proof bowl, make a Bain Marie and use to melt the chocolate together with the butter and golden syrup.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and add in the shredded wheat or cornflakes depending on which you prefer.
- Line the cake tin with the cases and spoon in the mixture. Gently press down in the middle to create the next effect.
- Place 3 mini eggs in the middle of each nest.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for a minimum of 1hour before allowing the kids to descend.