Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
You will need: A 12-hole muffin tin, Paper Muffin Cups, 2 mixing bowls, an electric hand whisk, sieve and a wire rack for cooling.
- 200g Plain Flour
- 1 level tbs Baking Powder
- 115g Golden Caster Sugar
- 90g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 90g White Chocolate Chip
- 2 Medium Free Range Eggs
- 100 ml Sunflower Oil
- 225ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan) Gas Mark 6 and line your muffin tin with the paper cases.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar until it is fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy and gradually add the milk & vanilla extract, continuing to whisk gently.
- Stir the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and add in the milk & white chocolate chips until evenly dispersed.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into the paper cups, filling each until three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the pre-heated oven and leave to cool on the wire rack, or serve whilst hot out of the oven.
Baking Tip: To check if your muffins are cooked, gently press down on the top of the muffin, if the muffin springs back they are done. Or...take a clean wooden cocktail stick and pierce the muffin through the centre. If the stick comes out clean the muffins are ready. If there is mixture on the stick when removed, return the muffins to the oven and cook for a further 5 mins.
Take a look at our readily baked and available chocolate chip muffins, buy in boxes of 15 for just £7.99 with great shelf lfie and delivery direct to your door!