It’s National Cookie Day this weekend and we’d like to share this scrumptious chocolate chip cookie recipe with you. Feel free to experiment with the size of the cookies, amount of chocolate you add and baking time. With this simple recipe you can make any type of cookie you fancy.
- 225g caster sugar
- 300g plain flour (sifted)
- 200g of butter (melted)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 100g-200g chocolate bar or chocolate chips
- Add the sugar and melted butter in a bowl and mix together – a wooden spoon is fine, no need for a whisk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt together and add to the sugar and butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips at this stage if you’re making chocolate chip cookies.
- Mix together using your hand. Once you get a dough texture, add the egg and knead using your hand again.
- Spread some butter onto a baking tray. Take some of the dough, roll into ball then flatten a little. Keep them on the small side as they spread out during baking. (Keep the biscuits apart from each other otherwise they will get stuck together.)
- Place in the oven and bake at 160C, gas 3 for 10-20 mins. The bigger the cookies, the longer they’ll take to cook. They’re ready when the edges start to look golden.
We can’t wait to see your baked home-made cookies. Feel free to send us a picture or two via email or social media of the cookies you’ve made. Also, you don’t want to be missing out on readily baked and available Cookies in a box of 16 for delivery right to your door. Here’s just a selection of our favourite ones: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Colour Burst Cookie, Oat & Raisin Cookie.