Hooray! Celebrate our Leicester City Foxes, ‘the boys in blue’ winning the Football Premier League.
‘Blue Army’ Victory Vanilla Cupcakes with Blue Buttercream Icing
You will need…A Muffin Baking Tray / Plain Baking Tray, Paper Cases, A Mixing Bowl, Whisk, Spoon, Icing Piping Bag.
- 110g Butter (softened at room temperature)
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs, (lightly beaten)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 110g Self-Raising Flour
- 1-2 Tbsp Milk
- Handful Multi-Coloured Hundreds and Thousands (to decorate)
For the Blue Buttercream Icing
- 140g Butter, (softened)
- 280g Icing Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Milk
- A Few Drops Blue Food Colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a 12-hole muffin tin or plain baking tray with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until pale. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- For the buttercream icing, beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk, adding more milk if necessary, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the food colouring and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe the icing using a spiralling motion onto the cup cakes in a large swirl.
- Sprinkle hundreds and thousands on top of the individual cupcakes.
Baking Tip: Add extra blue food colouring to show your ‘true blue’ support for the boys in blue!