Easter Carrot Muffins
Have you given up chocolate for lent? We have the perfect pre easter sweet treat for you!
- 150g Margarine
- 250g Carrots
- 200g Sugar
- 200g Flour
- 1.5Tsp Cinnamon
- 2Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 125g Sultanas
- 50g Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6/fan 180C. Melt the margarine in the microwave.
- Top and tail, then peel and grate the carrots.
- Combine the carrots, sugar and margarine in a bowl.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and then add to the mixture. Also mix in the nuts and sultanas.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases and divide the mixture equally between them. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- For an extra Easter treat, add some mini carrots made out of icing to put on top of the muffins and attach with some icing sugar.
We have a scrumptious selection of non-chocolate sweet treats in our product range, have a browse and order for delivery direct to your door! We love our soft topped icing carrot cake slice and delicious blueberry muffins.