Brazilian Pudim de Leite
With the summer of sport upon us, bring some Brazilian inspiration to your baking and liven up your desserts with our tropical baked custard recipe.
You will need:- x1 Saucepan, measuring jug, 23cm Bundt cake tin, electric or hand whisk and tin foil.
- 500g golden caster sugar
- 500ml boiling water
- 1 (397g) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 700ml whole milk
- 4 free range eggs
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- X2 passion fruit
- Assortment of chopped fruit to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C or Gas mark 6.
- On a low to medium heat, place the sugar in the saucepan and gently allow to caramalise without stirring.
- Once the sugar has melted and is golden brown in colour, add the boiling water and mix well. Transfer the caramel to the bundt tin.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, whole milk, eggs, vanilla extract and the inside contents of the passion fruits. Pour the mixture into the tin over the caramel, cover with foil and place in a water bath.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool slightly, then turn out onto a plate and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Once chilled, decorate with chopped fruit such as mango, papaya and kiwis before serving.
Helpful Tip: The longer the mixture is whisked for, the lighter the end texture will be.
Go for Gold with our Indulgent Caramel Gold Traybake on special offer at only £5 this August. Shop Now!