Father’s Day Baked Bourbon and Toffee Cheesecake
For the man who has always been there to support and guide you, show him some love with this delicious Bourbon Cheesecake recipe...
You will need: x1 9-inch springform cake tin, electric whisk, x2 mixing bowls and a skewer.
For the base:-
- 200g crushed digestive biscuits
- 5 tbs melted unsalted butter
For the filling:-
- 700g cream cheese at room temperature
- 130g golden caster sugar
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 120ml sour cream
- Ready made toffee sauce
- 70ml bourbon (add a touch more or less to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/ gas mark 4 and grease a 9-inch springform cake tin.
- Mix the crushed biscuit crumbs and melted butter until thoroughly combined. Press evenly into the bottom and part of the sides of the cake tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then set aside before moving on to the filling.
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time following with the bourbon and vanilla extract. Finally mix in the sour cream until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the mixture into the cake tin and smooth over the surface.
- Using a skewer poke holes in the top to allow the toffee sauce to drizzle down.
- Pour over the toffee sauce and bake for 15 mins.
- Bake for 15 minutes before decreasing the oven temperature to 120 degrees and baking for a further 2 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, and run a thin knife around the outside edge. Leave to cool before transferring to the fridge to set before serving.
If you're stuck for gift ideas, try our Treat Boxes perfect for treating the special man in your life.