Easy Peasy Apple & Blueberry Muffins
A simple, no fuss, vegetarian sweet treat fruity muffin recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
- 300g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100g Light Muscovado Sugar
- 2 Medium Cooking Apples
- 284ml Buttermilk
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Free Range Egg Whites
- 150g Punnet Blueberries
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Tip the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Hold back 1 tbsp of the sugar, then mix the remainder with the flour. Make a well in the centre. Chop the apple into small pieces. Stir the buttermilk, oil and egg whites into the apple until evenly combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the well and stir quickly and sparingly with a wooden spoon. (The mix will look lumpy and may have the odd fleck of flour still visible, but don’t be tempted to over-mix).
- Tip in the blueberries and give it just one more stir. Divide the mix between the muffin cases – they will be quite full – then sprinkle the remaining sugar on top. Bake for 18-20 mins until risen and dark golden. Cool for 5 mins in the tray before lifting out onto a rack to cool completely.
Our range of delicious vegetarian muffins varies from topped and untopped flavours including Blueberry, Choc Chip, Cherry Bakewell, Monster Choc and Blackforest, shop the full range now and get them delivered direct to your door or desk!